This OTA update zip file for Nokia 5.1 Plus is in recovery flashable format. Which means, this can be flashed directly through the stock recovery.
Set HDR+ underexposure multiplier to 50% and compare it with “normal” photos. Some users use it on 0%, but you need this to test and see which value is better for your phone. Hexagon DSP is an image processor available on some SoCs (processors) and improves processing performance while using less battery.
Download one of the compatible apk of Google Camera for your phone and see how good or bad it is in comparison to the stock camera app. Downloading the GCam APK is a great way to enhance your camera experience on your Android device. With multiple versions available for download, including GCam 8.8, 8.7, 8.6, 8.5, and 8.4, you can easily find the right version for your device. Additionally, we have outlined the key features of GCam, such as Night Sight mode and improved image quality.
- Remember that running the stock firmware for your phone is not the same as running stock Android itself—it still includes the skin, apps, and other tweaks your phone’s manufacturer has added.
- Some of the more popular custom recoveries are TWRP and CWM recoveries.
- The IN Note 1 offers decent hardware for an affordable phone and runs simple stock Android software.
- In addition, instead of being bombarded with adverts and recommendations in your notification panel, you’ll be in control of what apps you retain on your phone, which is a welcome change.
- As with Nokia-branded devices, though, you’re not going to find powerful hardware with the Motorola One Action.
And many features that were once only available on custom ROMs, like granular app permissions, control over notifications, and removing bloatware, are all built into modern Android phones. For a long time, one of the most attractive parts about using a custom ROM was receiving timely Android updates. Many cheaper phones, especially when Android was new, never received updates. This left owners of these devices without important security patches and fun new features. However, stock ROMs are designed to deliver optimal performance thanks to their stable environment.